2019 Honda Accord Performance Highlights
The 2019 Honda Accord’s performance has been impressing drivers across the Naperville area, and it will only continue to do so as we move forward into the new year. Whether you’re searching for truly satisfying power, superior fuel economy, or simply a great ride, you’ll love what this year’s Accord is bringing to the table.
2019 Accord Horsepower and Torque
The 2019 Honda Accord is available with two different engines: a turbocharged 1.5L four-cylinder and a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder.There’s also a hybrid model, which includes a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder engine that works in concert with an electric motor. Here’s what you can expect from each powertrain option:
- Turbocharged 1.5L Four-Cylinder Engine
- Horsepower: 192
- Torque: 192 lb-ft
- Turbocharged 2.0L Four-Cylinder Engine
- Horsepower: 252
- Torque: 273 lb-ft
- Turbocharged 2.0L Four-Cylinder with Electric Motor
- Total System Horsepower: 212 hp
- Torque: 232 lb-ft
2019 Accord MPG Ratings
The 2019 Honda Accord mpg ratings vary depending on which trim, transmission, and engine options you select, but no matter which components you choose, you’ll enjoy superior fuel economy on the roads of Bolingbrook and Wheaton:
- Accord LX, EX, EX-L with 1.5L Inline-4 Turbo (CVT)
- 30 mpg city, 38 mpg highway, 33 mpg combined*
- Accord Sport with 1.5L Inline-4 Turbo (CVT)
- 29 mpg city, 35 mpg highway, 31 mpg combined*
- Accord Sport with 1.5L In-Line-4 Turbo (6MT)
- 26 mpg city, 35 mpg highway, 30 mpg combined*
- Accord Sport and Touring With 2.0L Inline-4 Turbo (10AT)
- 22 mpg city, 32 mpg highway, 26 mpg combined*
- Accord EX-L with 2.0L Inline-4 Turbo (10AT)
- 23 mpg city, 34 mpg highway, 27 mpg combined*
Honda Accord Handling and Ride Quality
The 2019 Honda Accord handles like a dream, and you don’t have to take our word for it. According to the experts at the U.S. News and World Report, the Accord is preferable to the competitive Nissan Altima “because it has a more engaging drive.” Although the new Toyota Camry offers more horsepower, the U.S. News writes that “the Accord has a bit more torque and is quicker off the line thanks to its turbocharger.” For more information on how the 2019 Accord will tend to compare against other new competitors, check out how the 2018 model fared against the 2018 Ford Fusion.
Get Behind the Wheel of the New Accord at Valley Honda
We’ve done our best, but no amount of description could accurately represent the incredible performance of the 2019 Honda Accord. We think that our friends and neighbors will be best served by getting some firsthand experience behind the wheel! Take a closer look at the 2019 Honda Accord interior, see how it measures up against the 2019 Toyota Camry and the 2019 Honda Civic, and then get in touch with Valley Honda to take it out on the roads near Chicago. Start exploring our lineup of new Accord models and Accord lease deals today!
More About the 2019 Accord
The 2019 Honda Accord continues to earn impressive safety ratings thanks to strong design and a collection of advanced safety features. Most recently, Honda cars, trucks, and SUVs have benefited from Honda Sensing®, which offers a cornucopia of safety and driver-assist features that bring drivers into the future. Learn about the Accord safety ratings below,…
The 2019 Honda Accord has a supremely appealing interior, and you can find it now at Valley Honda near Naperville. This year’s Accord has been identified by U.S. News as one of “the best midsize cars,” with “more space, and nicer cabin materials” than many of its top competitors. Find out what to expect from the…
The 2019 Honda Accord’s performance has been impressing drivers across the Naperville area, and it will only continue to do so as we move forward into the new year. Whether you’re searching for truly satisfying power, superior fuel economy, or simply a great ride, you’ll love what this year’s Accord is bringing to the table….
* Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.