2019 Honda Odyssey vs. 2019 Kia Sedona
Minivans need to balance responsive performance with family-friendly efficiency and high-end features with everyday practicality. Compare the Kia Sedona vs. Honda Odyssey and you’ll see that the Honda distinguishes itself an a variety of ways.
Sedona vs. Odyssey: Power and MPG
19 mpg city and 28 mpg highway*
18 mpg city and 24 mpg highway
Minivans aren’t generally known for their racing performance, but you still need plenty of horsepower and torque at your disposal for brisk starts from Aurora traffic lights or nimble passing on the highway between Naperville and Bolingbrook. The 2019 Honda Odyssey provides just that bit more power than the Kia Sedona to feel noticeable when you really need to hit the gas, yet it still offers superior efficiency scores.
Sedona vs. Odyssey: Interior Space and Versatility
Both the 2019 Honda Odyssey and the Kia Sedona offer seating for up to eight, but the Kia falls far behind when it comes to cargo space.
- Cargo Space Behind the Third Row: Up to 38.6 cubic feet in the Honda Odyssey vs. 33.9 with the Kia Sedona.
- Cargo Space Behind the Second Row: Up to 92 cubic feet in the Honda Odyssey vs. with 78.4 the Kia Sedona.
- Cargo Space Behind the First Row: Up to 158 cubic feet in the Honda Odyssey vs. with 142 the Kia Sedona.
Sedona vs. Odyssey: Safety Technology
The minivan is a family vehicle, so safety is going to be a central concern for any prospective drive. That’s why the 2019 Odyssey equips the following features in all but the entry-level trim.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
With the 2018 Kia Sedona, those features only become standard with the expensive SX Limited model.
The 2019 Odyssey Comes Out Ahead in the Kia vs. Honda Minivan Comparison
From safety features to cargo space, the Honda Odyssey simply outclasses the Kia Sedona. If you’d like to find out more, contact Valley Honda today.
*Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.