What Should My Tire Pressure Be at?
Having your tires properly inflated is essential to the proper functioning and safety of your vehicle. But what should your tire pressure be at? Find out how to keep your tires properly inflated for your drives around Naperville, and how to get new tires when the time has come.
How Do You Know Tire Pressure is Low?
There are a few different ways to tell if your tire pressure is low:
- Tire Pressure Monitor – If you’re lucky enough to have a newer vehicle with a tire pressure monitoring system, in which a warning will show up on your dashboard that lets you know it’s time to inflate your tires.
- Tire Pressure Gauge – All you have to do to check your tire pressure is remove your tires’ air valves, put a tire pressure gauge into the valve stem, and press down. This will give you a PSI reading.
- Poor Performance – If you’re experiencing decreased responsiveness and ride quality in your vehicle, there is a chance that you have low tires and should check it out right away.
What is Proper Tire Pressure?
Proper tire pressure can vary from vehicle to vehicle, but for most makes and models the recommended tire pressure is between 30-35 PSI (pounds per square inch). Avoid over-inflating your tires to max pressure or beyond in order to prevent poor braking and decreased tire life.
How Do You Inflate Your Tires?
It’s a good idea to check your tire pressure every month or so, particularly as cold weather hits and changes the air pressure:
- Grab a few quarters for the air pressure pump
- Take your car to a gas station with an air pressure pump
- Check the tire pressure
- Squeeze the air pressure pump handle while inserted into the valve stem until it has reached the recommended PSI.
Is it Time to Get New Tires?
As your tires get older, they are less likely to hold air properly, and they become dangerous to drive on and at risk of blowing out even when properly inflated. Get new tires at quickly and affordably at Valley Honda, your trusted Chicago area service center in Aurora/Naperville. We open at 7:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday, and you can reach us online or by phone at (630) 851-5700 to set up an appointment!
The 2019 Honda Accord continues to earn impressive safety ratings thanks to strong design and a collection of advanced safety features. Most recently, Honda cars, trucks, and SUVs have benefited from Honda Sensing®, which offers a cornucopia of safety and driver-assist features that bring drivers into the future. Learn about the Accord safety ratings below,…
No matter which 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback trim level you choose, you won’t be disappointed. All trim levels come with top-notch safety features and cutting-edge technology to make your driving experience exciting. Read below to find out the differences between the LX, Sport, EX, EX-L Navi, and Sport Touring editions of the 2019 Civic Hatchback….
When you’re interested in bringing home a compact SUV, you want to find a configuration that is well equipped with the performance features and amenities you want. Luckily, the new 2019 Honda CR-V configurations offer something for just about every Naperville family. All the models offer two engines options, a continuously variable transmission (CVT), and…